Since 1993, The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando (HCCMO) has represented the interests of Hispanic business owners and professionals in Central Florida. We have worked proactively to help the Hispanic and minority business community grow and demonstrate the valuable contribution made to the nation’s economy.
Year after year, our board of directors works with us to achieve this purpose, so we want to take this opportunity to thank those who in 2021 managed to be the leading voice of our members and join us in driving economic growth by strengthening Hispanic businesses.
Their hard work illustrates the important role that the Chamber and Hispanic businesses play in the Central Florida community and the value that this economic development organization places on diversity and inclusion.
Thank you all!
Today, we are thrilled to welcome the new 2022 Board of Directors, a strong representation of prominent Hispanic business leaders in the Central Florida region and the state.
This year, we will be led by Jan Aspuru, Chief Operating Officer at OUC – The Reliable One (Florida’s second-largest municipal utility), serving as Board Chair. Jan has extensive executive experience in engineering, maintenance, and operations of power generation and water production, among many other skills. He is also a board member of the Heart of Florida United Way and served as Chair of the Prospera Statewide Board from 2014-2016. Aspuru earned an MBA from the University of Central Florida and a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Northeastern University in Boston.
Without further ado, we are proud to introduce the 2022 Board of Directors:
Chairman: Jan Aspuru, COO, Orlando Utilities Commission
Vice Chair: Jeff Villanueva, CEO, East Orange Market, AdventHealth
Vice President-Elect: Elisha Gonzalez Bonnewitz, Vice President of Government Affairs and Community Relations, FAIRWINDS Credit Union and Executive Director, FAIRWINDS Foundation
Treasurer: Oscar Cristancho Mercado, Assistant Vice President of Budgeting and Analysis, Valencia College
Legal Counsel: Roberto Santoni, Attorney, and Partner, Florida In-House Counsel Law Group
Secretary: Margarita Calo, Asset Manager, Maintenance and Strategy, Duke Energy
Other board members include Gaby Ortigoni, President and CEO, HCCMO, and 19 directors:
- Nicholas Abrahams, Vice President of Business Engagement, Orlando Economic Partnership.
- Janice Abrew-Coriano, Communications, Event and Community Affairs Manager, Rosen Hotels & Resorts
- Wilmer Alvarez, Vice President, Orlando Health Foundation
- Janet Balanoff, Retired (Former Assistant Vice President, Equity and Diversity), Seminole State College
- Dick Batchelor, President and Founder, Dick Batchelor Management Group, Inc.
- Michael Brown, CEO, Travel + Leisure
- John de Armas, CEO, Profitland Partners (Former Board Chair)
- Angela Lagos, Assistant Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Universal Parks & Resorts
- Kimberly Lopez, Attorney and Partner, Akerman (Prospera representative)
- Mario Mendolaro, Senior Counsel, Walt Disney World Resort
- Arnaldo Oliveras-Fernandez, President and Commercial Real Estate Broker, 180 Commercial Real Estate Advisors
- Madeline Otero, Vice President & Corporate Controller, Tupperware Brands
- Juliana Peña, Manager of Air Services and Business Development, Orlando International Airport
- Ron Piccolo, Ph.D., Chair, Dept. of Mgmt. & Galloway Professor of Mgmt, University of Central Florida College of Business Administration
- Juan C. Quiroga, CEO, JCQ Investments/JCQ Services
- David Rodriguez, Economic Development Manager, Osceola County
- Ana Carolina Salazar, Founder and Owner, Bold Digital Marketing Studio (HCCMO Ambassador Program Chair)
- Karen Skyer, Attorney and Owner, Skyers Law, P.A.
- Shelly Wilkes, Vice President of Marketing and Social Responsibility, Orlando Magic
This year, we are confident that our Members, Board of Directors, Ambassadors, Staff, and all those who collaborate with us on behalf of the Hispanic community will help us:
- Empower business leaders through programs, events, resources, and activities aimed at improving the economic development of Hispanics in the region.
- Serve as a liaison for large organizations and corporations to connect with the Hispanic business community.
- Recognize the achievement of Hispanic individuals and businesses that have a positive influence in our community.
- Strengthen the relationship with Hispanic companies, organizations, professionals, corporations and the numerous entities in Central Florida.