The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando (HCCMO) recently installed the following seven new members of the executive board of directors, including top Orlando executives:
• Chair: John de Armas, CEO, Profitland Partners
• Vice-Chair: Jan Aspuru, COO, Orlando Utilities Commission
• Vice-Chair-Elect: Jeff Villanueva, CEO, East Orange Market at AdventHealth
• Treasurer: Oscar Cristancho Mercado, Assistant VP of Budgets & Analysis, Valencia College
• Legal Advisor: Roberto Santoni, Managing Partner, Florida In-House Counsel Law Group
• Secretary: Elisha Gonzalez Bonnewitz, Vice President, Government Affairs and Community Relations, FAIRWINDS Credit Union and Executive Director,
• Director-at-Large: Humberto Hormaza, Senior VP & General Manager, Entravision Communications Orlando
Other board members include Gaby Ortigoni, HCCMO president and CEO, and 18 directors, including:
• Nicholas Abrahams, VP, Corporate Engagement, Orlando Economic Partnership
• Janice Abrew-Coriano, Communications, Events and Community Affairs Manager, Rosen Hotels & Resorts
• Wilmer Alvarez, VP, Orlando Health Foundation
• Janet Balanoff, Associate VP for Equity and Diversity, Seminole State College
• Dick Batchelor, President and Founder, Dick Batchelor Management Group, Inc.
• Michael Brown, CEO, Travel + Leisure
• Margarita Calo, Manager Asset Management, Maintenance and Strategy, Central Zones, Duke Energy
• Belinda Kirkegard, Economic Development Director, City of Kissimmee (Immediate Past Chair)
• Angela Lagos, Assistant Director of Diversity & Inclusion, Universal Parks & Resorts
• Mario Mendolaro, Principal Counsel, Walt Disney World
• Madeline Otero, VP & Corporate Controller, Tupperware Brands
• Juliana Peña, Manager, Air Service and Business Development, Orlando International Airport
• Ron Piccolo, Ph.D., Chair and Galloway Professor of Management, Department of Management in the College of Business at the University of Central Florida
• Todd Piorkowski, President, Perk Business Solutions, LLC
• Juan C. Quiroga, CEO, JCQ Investments/JCQ Services
• Conrad Santiago, Private Wealth Advisor, The Trentham Santiago Group, Ameriprise Financial Services
• Karen Skyer, Attorney at Law, Skyers Law, P.A.
• Shelly Wilkes, Sr. VP, Marketing & Social Responsibility, Orlando Magic
The composition of the Board reflects the important role that the Chamber and Hispanic businesses play in the Central Florida community, as well as the value that this economic development organization places on diversity and inclusion.
The Board boasts strong representation of prominent Hispanic-owned businesses that are industry leaders in the Central Florida region and state.
“Our Chamber has been advocating for the business growth of the over one million Hispanics in Central Florida for 28 years” Gaby Ortigoni.
“We are proud to have a board that demonstrates the importance of large corporations and Hispanic-owned businesses working together to strengthen our region’s economy.” John de Armas
de Armas a C-level executive with an exceptional global track record of disrupting and revolutionizing organizations and leading the journey of creating customer-centric and highly profitable enterprises, is the new Chairman of the board. Under his leadership, the board will guide and promote HCCMO programs and events under the Chamber’s new focus pillars: Commerce, Coaching and Community Building, providing an array of services, tools and opportunities for both small business and professional members to increase exposure and profits.
“We’re entering a new era at the Hispanic Chamber,” said de Armas. “We’re placing an intentional focus on helping members ‘scale up’ their businesses. Providing value for our members will be at the epicenter of every decision we make and everything we do.”